Monday, July 13, 2009


NAACP Doesn't Care About
Black People !

Must Read article By: Jill Tubman
Jack and Jill Politics


Forgive me for cribbin’ Kayne but: The NAACP Convention has begun and color me bored. It’s great that a black president is going to speak in front of one of America’s largest and oldest black institution. Hooray. Yet, I’ve now had the chance to interact with the NAACP’s new leadership up close and have also been observing from afar. Between you and me, I’m unimpressed. I actually had begun to have some glimmers of hope that the NAACP could turn around and once more be a relevant and powerful organization that lives up to its name: a real National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Instead it appears destined to remain the bloated, toothless, shuffling, irrelevant, obsolete, corporate-sponsored and paid-to-do-nothing organization it has sadly become in the post-civil rights era.

(Read Complete Article)